BAKED ONION CHICKEN

Serves 4
Recipes don't get much easier on the cook than this. Anne Nesbit developed
it for Perdue Farms. One of her jobs as a Perdue home economist was to
translate some of the world's most successful recipes into ones that were
both easy to assemble and quick to prepare. "I'm an admirer of simple
recipes," says Anne. "My heart was in this work because I believed in it.
People want food that looks good and tastes good, but they don't have time
to put a lot of work into getting there." I've never met Anne, except over
the phone, but from this comment, I know I would like her. The recipe isn't
fancy, and it may be old-fashioned, but it's a treasure when you're in a hurry.
1 chicken, cut in serving pieces
dehydrated onion soup mix
Preheat oven to 350F. Roll chicken in dry soup mix, using about as much
mix as you would salt. Place chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on
baking sheet. Bake, uncovered for 55 to 65 minutes until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment